COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Social Distancing and Golf
In these difficult times golf can be a great way to get away, exercise, and enjoy the outdoors. However, we all must take the proper measures to keep our community safe.
What we are doing
- Sanitizing common area’s and equipment such as golf cart steering wheels, doorknobs, restrooms etc.
- Water jugs, sand bottles, rakes, cart coolers have been taken off course to reduce the spread of germs.
- Common area doorways will be propped open daily (weather permitted)
- Eliminated range ball dispenser, range balls will be available in den caddies on the range
- All staff are wearing protective gloves and will be washing hands as often as possible
- Golf carts will be provided to each player unless you are cohabiting with your playing partner in which case you can ride together in one cart. Walking is always preferred!
- Utilizing single serve items as much as possible for our carry out customers
Can you help us? Recommendations to help keep us safe
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED! Please stay a minimum of 6 ft from one another. Do not congregate after your round.
- If you are feeling ill, have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who may have been infected, please stay home and get well so we can see you in the near future
- Bring your own water to drink. The beverage cart will be on the course but please bring your own water to enjoy.
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- Please do not remove the flagstick or pick up/touch another players golf clubs
- Please take the scorecard & pencil with you upon completion of your round
- Use your feet to level sand in the bunker
- Call ahead to place your carry out order at The Trail’s End Bar & Grill 602-305-5505
If everyone helps, we can all get through these tough times together!
Cheers to a happy and healthy golf experience!
The Legacy Golf Club, rich in heritage and history, is an 18-hole par 71 championship golf course designed by renowned golf course architect Gary Panks. Located on what was once Dwight B. Heard’s 7,500-acre ranch, the golf club is rich in Arizona heritage and history. Taking great pride in preserving and integrating many of the historical structures and monuments, our 18-hole championship golf course offers a unique look and an added opportunity to experience some Arizona history and of the Heard legacy, from which the golf club takes its name.
The original two-grain silos, built in 1902, still remain along the 18th fairway and were once the tallest structures in Maricopa County. The Sierra Vista House, which marks the 1st tee, was visited on occasion in the early 1900’s by Theodore Roosevelt and Pancho Villa. Come make your own history at the Legacy Golf Club!